Special Effects Makeup can be defined as the use of prosthetic sculpting, molding, casting and painting to create advanced cosmetic effects. Special Effects Makeup can be seen in most popular TV shows and movies and even at conventions and Halloween. It can go from scary movie monsters like werewolves, aliens and zombies to changing someone appearance to look younger, older, and different facial features or weight. In this Level 2 Special Effects Makeup course, you will be led by Hendrickje (pronounced Hen-Dree-Ka) Matthews, a professional makeup artist, who has been in the industry for over 20 years. Level 2 features 4 sections of more advanced special effects applications that Hendrickje will give step by step instructions. The first section will be a bald cap application with fantasy makeup. Second section will be feminine and masculine skull makeup. The next section will show a tattoo cover-up and animal makeup. The last section will be a casualty special effects makeup demonstration and removal.
This course will teach the exciting and creative intricacies of creating Special Effects Makeup and get you started on your career as an FX artist!
During this course, you will learn:
- Aging using latex
- Aging using greasepaint makeup
- Bald cap application
- High editorial makeup (including bald cap) with hand painting and airbrush
- Trauma / casualty makeup (incl. applying a range of adhesive & prosthetics )
- Fantasy makeup (animal themed)
- Day of the Dead looks
- Sugar skull using Stencils and hand paint
- Skeleton makeup using hand paint / airbrush and Stencils